Sunday

Greek Burgers

So I broke my own best practice - I can't remember where I found this recipe initially. I've made it multiple times since then without any recipe, but wanted to capture it to share.

1# ground lamb (ground turkey works too, but I season it more aggressively)
finely diced red onion - 1/4c or so
crumbled feta cheese - 6-8oz
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
fresh mint leaves snipped with scissors - maybe 2 Tbs
oregano - either dried or fresh - 1-2 tsp
salt and pepper
lemon zest, if you're courageous
Hand mix your meat and seasonings, form patties to broil or BBQ

Put on hamburger buns

Top with:
baby spinach tossed in balsamic vinagrette
lemon aioli sauce = mayo, lemon juice, garlic, paprika
also consider using hummus or tzatziki
also tasty, grilled red onion rings that have been carmelized

To try - I read a recipe that included cinnamon in the meat mixture. Haven't tried that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment