Monday

Slow Cooker Country Style Pork Ribs

Seth got me a slow cooker last Christmas and this has been my favorite slow cooker recipe ever since. The meat is break apart tender and the homemade BBQ sauce is not too sweet. Delicious!

Ingredients:
3 pounds boneless country style pork ribs
salt and fresh ground pepper to season meat
3/4c ketchup
3 Tbs spicy brown mustard (I like Guldens)
3 Tbs honey
3 Tbs light brown sugar
3 Tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tsp mild hot pepper sauce

Preheat the oven broiler to high.
Salt and pepper the ribs, set on broiler tray (or baking sheet lined with foil). Broil each side for 5-7 minutes until meaty parts are browned. Transfer ribs to a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker.

Mix the ketchup, mustard, honey, brown sugar, vinegar and hot sauce in small bowl. Pour over the ribs and set to slow cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or low heat for 6-8 hours. Remove ribs to a platter and serve!


(recipe from Art of the Slower Cooker by Andres Schloss)

1 comment:

  1. So delicious!!

    I ended up putting in only half the pork called for and twice the sauce because I was paranoid about my slow cooker not having enough liquid in it. It gets a bit hotter than it should on the low setting.

    You are totally right about the sauce, just right. I'm planning on trying it on some beef brisket next.

    ReplyDelete